Tuesday, July 7, 2015

IT IS NOT OVER YET ©, 2015 - "Corsair. (It is not over yet.)" - Musical Parody Written in English

Equal Employment Opportunity


" YOU HAVE ENEMIES? GOOD. THAT MEANS 
YOU HAVE STOOD UP FOR SOMETHING, 
SOMETIME IN YOUR LIFE." 
Winston Churchill



 IT IS NOT OVER YET

     
     In 2010-2013 the first ever "Special case" (1) of mine was brought and held before Lady Justice. As of today my reasonable painful expression due cause to our untimely loss of the mother of two, my late wife - the best and sole friend of mine, and prominent community organizer got archived. Latter was lovely nick-named by me as "Santa Alla of Los Angeles" initially, and as "Santa AlLA" later (see Twitter - @Santa_AlLA), just to make it really down-to earth, as she was. In fact the one of her signs was the Earth. 
     My next literary work below was prompted just by a key wording "four years" mentioned in the original, and also translated by me recently, song of Vladimir Vysotsky "Corsair. (It is not over yet.)" In truth the four years of my life were spent to get that in the case of huge corporations involvement, Defendant's attorneys are just a pack of ruthless moneymakers ... So this my work is dedicated to that event in my American life.
     And again, no Russian translation is needed at this time, as it was taken to be paraphrased completely in English, especially for my Fellows Americans. It is to be performed to the tune of "Corsair". 


I'VE LEARNED BY LISTENING TO
LAWYERS' KICKS AND SHOCKS ...


1
Four years of struggling (2) over courts with special case
But in the motions and pleadings my standards aren't faded
I've learned by listening to lawyers' kicks and shocks 
And fixed then highlighted my mistakes by only my defense


2
The squadron's well connected - it is always on my heels.
The field's still their and as such no easy way is to prevail
But captain's confident and told to all, as his audience:
- It is not over, not over yet!

3
The first my court which got assigned to detect details
Recalled background and allowed ruling as for corporation
I have returned fire by making volley by a guesswork
The litigation was proceeded - win or die. I will be blessed. 


4
The God forbid the pack will start a war or troubles,
But lack of wind and age discrimination happened
Nevertheless the captain sends to all the familiar sign:
- It is not over, not over yet!

5
I am, like people, also got observed by those on duties
They see us all through smoke so vigilant and independent  
But they are never going to see us
Being broken in the freedom of expression!

6
This was unequal legal battle, so ship of mine got lurched. 
Withal it was not real time to pray about saving Human Soul 
The captain's confident and ordered then to rescue ship:
- It is not over, not over yet!


7
Who wants to live, who's jolly, who's just smarter -
But take your time to get much more prepared
Let lawyers get what they could grab by just unfitting style
They are already history, dark one, for generations.

8
Those lawyers'd thought: "And what the devil is not joking ?!"
They've stupidly proceeded to got covered by circumstances
I could align with a hostile frigate board-to-board.
- It is not over, not over yet!

9
So face-to-face in moution-to-depo, eyes-to-eyes
In order to avoid be eaten by corruption or malpractice,
Some people being already lost by ruthless pack and legal mess,
We were just leaving that "judicial proceedings".


10
But no way! They do not wanna send me to the bottom -
Pacific Ocean (3) will help me and supports by mighty shoulders 
And after all, the ocean is | something with us at all the time,
And captain's right - It is not over, not over yet!



By BORIS K'ZORIN, 
the another last romantic ©, Los Angeles, CA 2015

You are welcome -
http://wow4singingtranslations.blogspot.com



Vocabulary and Meaning

1. "Special case" - expression, which means that "combative ship" navigated by its captain - me through legal system;
2. Struggling - engaged in a struggle to overcome especially poverty or obscurity;
Obscurity - the state of being indistinct or indefinite for lack of adequate illumination;
3. "Pacific Ocean" ... (no comments anymore, just see the picture)




Accords:   Hm  Hm H7  Em  Em Em6 Hm Hm Em6 F#7sus
                 F#7 Hm C#7 C#7 Em F#7 F#7 Hm H7 Em Em Hm F#7 Hm G


Hm
Four years of struggling over courts with special case   
        Hm                 H7                      Em
But in the motions and pleadings my standards aren't faded
        Em           Em6                          Hm
I've learned by listening to lawyers' kicks and shocks 
      Hm                   Em6                   F#7sus
And fixed then highlighted my mistakes by only my defense 


    F#7               Hm                           C#7
The squadron's well connected - it is always on my heels.
    C#7                       Em                       F#7
The field's still their and as such no easy way is to prevail
    F#7        Hm          H7                   Em
But captain's confident and told to all as his audience
   Em   Hm   F#7   Hm       G                                            
- It is not over, not over yet!

    F#7
The first my court ...


              


No comments:

Post a Comment